[OAI-implementers] EPrints.org & OAI2.0a3

Christopher Gutteridge cjg@ecs.soton.ac.uk
Fri, 12 Apr 2002 18:26:19 +0100

I can't implement OAI2.0a3 ListIdentifiers without looking up the entire
record, whereas in 1.1 I could just list the ID, which was much faster.

I'm unhappy about the metadataPrefix filtering on ListIdentifiers and
the requirement to list SetSpecs (that's not as big a problem in
ListRecords).

As I see it, ListIdentifiers is now largely redundant.

Also, it would be much easier if ListRecords could list all records which
match set & from & until and then give header only for records which they
could not generate metadata in the requested metadataPrefix.

And, I think that requests for higher granularity than you support could
just give for example on a YYYY-MM-DD archive, all records from that
day (rounded down) until that day (rounding up).

I do really like the new error handling and single schema though.

I've got a working version though, which bodes well for OAI2.0a3 being
in the next eprints release (sometime soon)

--
    Christopher Gutteridge -- cjg@ecs.soton.ac.uk -- +44 (0)23 8059 4833

                                >O___,
| Now Playing: "Heaven is           | Beware of altruism. It is based on   |
| Oblivion" from Psycho Drama -     | self-deception, the root of all      |
| Ultraviolence                     | evil. -- From "The Notebooks of      |
|                                   | Lazarus Long" by Robert Heinlein     |