[OAI-implementers] RE: Resumption tokens

Carl Lagoze lagoze@cs.cornell.edu
Wed, 26 Sep 2001 05:37:56 -0400

Hi Jeff,

I am bouncing your question back to the implementers list where there
are plenty of people with experience to answer your question.

Carl

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff Good [mailto:jcgood@socrates.berkeley.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, September 25, 2001 10:22 PM
To: openarchives@openarchives.org
Subject: Resumption tokens

Hello,

I currently run a small data provider (the Comparative Bantu Online
Dictionary) which contains less than a hundred metadata records.
However,
I may soon add about 2000 more records to our metadata inventory. I
haven't worried about resumption tokens to this point. I am wondering
if there are any guidelines on when to implement the use of resumption
tokens--I'm not concerned for the server on my end, but didn't know if I
should be worried about the harvesters.

Thanks,
Jeff Good