[OAI-implementers] Announcement: CIMI Demonstration Repository

Henry Stern henry@stern.ca
Tue, 19 Jun 2001 10:11:36 -0300

Hi all,

I'd like to announce that the CIMI OAI Demonstration repository is available
for harvesting.  It contains approximately 200000 DC records describe museum
pieces.  These records were gathered during CIMI's Dublin Core testbed.

The base URL for the CIMI OAI Demonstration repository is
http://www.cimi.org/servlet/oai.

Also, we have released a proposal for a standardized API for OAI
repositories written in Java.  This API provides a transport-independent
method of delivering OAI responses by separating the user interface from the
actual repository.  In addition, the API faciliates clustering and load
balancing by acting as a broker between the web server and the actual
repository.

To download the API or read more about our research into metadata
harvesting, please visit our Metadata Harvesting Working Group page at
http://www.cimi.org/wg/metadata.

Kind regards,
Henry Stern

---
Flon's Law:
	There is not now, and never will be, a language in
	which it is the least bit difficult to write bad programs.