[OAI-implementers] returning *data* (as opposed to metadata)

Simeon Warner simeon@lanl.gov
Wed, 25 Jul 2001 10:23:05 -0600 (MDT)

Ben,

I too agree with Michael and Donna and don't see a problem with exposing
a `metadata' format that is full-data. I see no technical issues and
think I'm perhaps (unusually) less conservative that Michael about
acceptable response size -- a few MB sounds okay to me.

In view of recent discussions on oai-general I think that careful
appropriate use / copyright statements and where they go might be
more of an issue. Perhaps we should talk more about `standard' ways
to use the <about> container.

Cheers,
Simeon.