[OAI-implementers] OAI for multimedia data

John Perkins jperkins@fox.nstn.ca
Tue, 3 Jul 2001 12:15:10 -0300

Hussein, Alison,

Thanks for connecting us.

CIMI has built a Ver 1.1 Repository and expect to have a harvesting
service done by the end of the summer.  Currently we support DC only
but as part of the harvesting service development we are considering
supporting a variety of other richer museum/cultural formats.  The
first is a version of the SPECTRUM schema for rich description of
museum objects.  We have been working with mda to develop XML schemas
for SPECTRUM and the first versions (O.9) are about to be progressed
into a CIMI testbed starting immediately.  This work is managed by
Alice Grant out of the UK.

I'd be happy to discuss our work with the OAI if it's of interest to you.

Best, John Perkins

--
John Perkins
Exexcutive Director, CIMI Consortium