[OAI-implementers] OAI in PERL

Tim Brody tdb198@ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed, 21 Feb 2001 15:46:19 +0000 (GMT)

Hi all,

I have written a few PERL modules that should make the implementation of
OAI compliant archives and harvesters a bit easier, taking care of most of
the OAI protocol.

Initial documentation is available from:
http://www.ecs.soton.ac.uk/~tdb198/oai/frontend.html

The modules can be downloaded by following the "availability" section.

Please keep in mind that these modules are in development.

I invite comments/criticisms/bug reports.

If you would like to make use of these modules during this development
stage please contact me beforehand so I can keep track of where they are
being used.

I also hope to make my code for a complete harvester/search engine
available when it is a bit more complete!

All the best,
Tim Brody
Computer Science, University of Southampton
email: tdb198@soton.ac.uk
Web: http://www.ecs.soton.ac.uk/~tdb198/