[OAI-implementers] List Id's for multiple sets

deridder deridder@cs.utk.edu
Fri, 9 Feb 2001 09:51:20 -0500 (EST)

Good gracious, Tim!  That *is* complex.  What happens if you have 40
harvesters working on your program at once?  You would have multiple
tables--- are you using cookies?  And do you have time limitations on
accessing those temp tables?  If so, how do you implement that--- and do
you remove all current temp tables on each new query?  Seems like that
would mess up with several current accessess.  But unaccessed tables could
build up also, so I certainly see that they would need to be periodically
cleared out.

  Whew!

   And yes, I for one would like to see your OAI "bits";  I'd love to
compare how I'm doing things with how others are, to see if I can improve
on my methods.

 ---jody