[OAI-implementers] OAI-perl tools
Tue, 18 Dec 2001 00:19:35 -0000
I've been recently working on a completely re-written set of PERL modules
supporting OAI services/providers, with OAI 1.1 support.
- Uses XML::DOM (note: isn't validating)
- Designed to be strictly compliant to the OAI protocol
- Completely OO
- Much simpler to use than oai-perl v1.0 (can write a ListIdentifiers
harvester in 10 lines of code)
- Respects repository retry-after/redirect
- Transparent OAI resumptionToken flow-control (when harvesting)
- POD documentation, including examples
- Recent PERL (mileage may vary with pre-5.6 perls)
- XML::DOM (which requires XML::Parser)
Included is a simple command-line OAI browser utility.
Also included is the start of an OAI compliancy script, if this is useful
I'll try to the find the time to finish it!
As ever, feedback, bugs, comments, are welcome!
All the best,
Open Citation Project
- Electronics and Computer Science, University of Southampton