[OAI-general] concerns about new OAIster terms/conditions

garthus1 at lilrc.org garthus1 at lilrc.org
Wed Sep 23 17:24:18 EDT 2009

Hussein, Peter, all,

Why is the intent this person claims different from the wording in the
documentation. This is the way that it always starts; google's intent is
not to snap up all of the orphan works out their, but just to make them
available to the publi more easily (while they grab more money). Open
library is a good alternative, but then again OCLC and the few large
corporate publishers will not be making any money from that data.

Gerry