[OAI-general] System Architecture

Simeon Warner simeon@cs.cornell.edu
Fri, 14 Feb 2003 16:06:51 -0500 (EST)

I agree that there do seem to be a few small problems with DSpace at MITs
current output at present (see my post to oai-implementers in a few
minutes if you want details). However, the key point is that DSpace is
designed (as is Eprints.org) to export metadata via OAI-PMH. Subject to
the encoding issue, harvesting seems to work fine. I just harvested all
752 DC metadata records by telling my harvested the baseURL.

Cheers,
Simeon.