[OAI-general] Re: [EP-underground] Project RoMEO Listing of Journal Copyright Agreements

Stevan Harnad harnad@ecs.soton.ac.uk
Thu, 28 Nov 2002 11:22:42 +0000 (GMT)

The Rights (ROMEO) Project has provided an extremely valuable list,
and I hope it will keep growing. But in some cases one hand may not yet
know what the other is doing, because as these policies are evolving as
we speak. (Fortunately, these are cases where the policy is in fact more
progressive than indicated in the list). An example is the entry for the
American Psychological Association: Their copyright transfer form (and
whoever responded to the ROMEO query) does not yet mention it, but there is
also: http://www.apa.org/journals/posting.html referring specifically to
"Posting Articles on the Internet."

It would also be good to add the known policies of publishers who have
not yet replied to the questionnaire. Some are listed at:
http://www.eprints.org/self-faq/#publishers-do
including: APA (more progressive than listed) and Elsevier (directly)

Stevan Harnad