[OAI-general] Unsubscribing to the lists

Carl Lagoze lagoze@cs.cornell.edu
Mon, 8 Jul 2002 12:43:57 -0400

Dear all,

Recently there has been a rash of "please unsubscribe me" messages
posted to the entire oai-general and/or oai-implementers lists.  Please
DO NOT post these messages to the entire list.  It effectively spams the
mailboxes of many people worldwide who use these lists to keep track of
oai related activities.  I don't think anyone is anxious to add to the
spam overload on the net.

The proper way to unsubscribe to the lists is to visit either:

Go to the bottom of that page to the section labeled oai-{general or
implementers} subscribers, enter your email address in the box under
"change your subscriptions options".  Another page will then come up
with which you can cancel your subscription, upon entering your list
password.  If you have forgotten your list password, you can also use
that page to retrieve it.

If you have problems with this procedure, then send mail ONLY to
openarchives@openarchives.org.

Again, DO NOT post unsubscribe messages to the entire list.

Thanks,

Carl Lagoze